Student Recruiter at FTSPosted: November 5, 2014
The purpose of Faith Theological Seminary is to train Christian leaders. This training is to be conducted on the highest possible academic level, including the mastery of the original languages of Scripture. This purpose (adapted from the Seminary Charter):
The said corporation is formed for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a Theological Seminary of high educational efficiency and absolute loyalty to the Christian religion as taught in the Old and New Testaments, and for religious, educational, and charitable purposes, without profit to any of its members. Faith Theological Seminary is to train thoroughly furnished and consecrated leadership for the Church. In every phase of its work, the highest possible standards of scholarship are to be maintained. Its graduates are to be well-fitted to defend the full truthfulness of the Word of God against all modern unbelief, and to interpret it in the light of careful and accurate study of its words in the original languages.
FTS offers B.Th., M.Div., D.Min., and Th.D. programs accredited through Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), and is in need of a Student Recruiter to help work alongside me, their Director of Admissions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the design and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Promoting programs to prospective populations and communities via various methods including giving presentations, face-to-face promotion, phone calling, and other social networks.
- Maintaining effective communication with perspective students.
- Supporting the Director of Admissions in helping to maintain an applicant management system to track new information on prospective students.
- Qualifying prospective students through program enrollment requirements and admissions.
- Working with the Director of Admissions on campus to assist them in designing, implementing, and recruiting students to their program. This may include travel to department specific recruiting events.
- Assisting the Director of Admissions and Director of Development in designing marketing materials such as mailers, fliers, posters, view-book, videos, etc.
Qualified candidates should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in marketing, sales, psychology, counseling, social work, student affairs administration, or closely related field; although a Master’s is preferred.
- Have at least two years of college-level recruitment/marketing experience is the minimum requirement; experience in higher education and international education is highly desirable.
- Be possessive of excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have strong organizational and multitasking ability.
- Be experienced in designing fliers, posters, view-books, videos, or other such marketing materials.
- Have the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- Be an American citizen.
- Be a fluent English speaker; and ability to speak additional languages is welcomed.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Three (3) Part-time Recruiter positions available. You MUST include the following documents (doc or PDF format preferred) to be considered for this position; Cover Letter, and Resume to Director of Admissions Michael Dewalt at firstname.lastname@example.org. If any questions, please contact him at (410) 323-6211 ext. 114.