Authority and Importance in the ChurchPosted: January 21, 2015 | Author: Michael M. Dewalt | Filed under: Just for Fun | Tags: authority, church |Leave a comment
The proper order of teaching authority and importance in the church.
- The infallible canon of Scripture, qualitatively distinct from all other sources and authorities.
- The ministerial service of creeds and confessions under Scripture’s magisterial norm.
- The contemporary proclamation of God’s sacramental Word.
- Long-standing interpretations in the Christian tradition.
- The particular nuances of individual theologians.