In all its levels, it is…
A Classical Education is provided by:
- Emphasizing grammar, logic, and rhetoric in all subjects, which are described as follows:
- Grammar Stage (Grades K – 6): The fundamental facts and rules of each subject.
- Logic (Grades 7 – 9): The ordered relationship of particulars in each subject.
- Rhetoric (Grades 10-12): The clear expression and application of the grammar and logic of each subject may be clearly expressed.
- Encouraging every student to develop a love for learning and live up to his or her academic potential. By virtue of its definition, the classical model is both academically challenging and developmentally appropriate.
- Providing an orderly atmosphere conducive to the attainment of the above goals.
A Biblical World and Life View is provided by:
- Teaching all subjects as part of an integrated whole with the Scriptures at the center. (II Timothy 3:16-17)
- Providing a clear model of the Biblical Christian life though our staff and board. (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Encouraging every student to begin and develop his or her relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 19:13-15)
- Providing a means for parents to involve themselves in the educational development of their children. (Deuteronomy 6:6,7)
RCCS received full accreditation with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in 2005. RCCS is:
- a non-denominational school, affiliated with Redeemer Presbyterian Church (PCA)
- governed by a Board of Directors, composed of members/designees of Redeemer Presbyterian Church and parents of students
- supported solely by tuition and donations
- registered with the State of Maryland as a church exempt school
- a member of the Association of Classical Christian Schools
- a member of the Maryland Association of Christian Schools
- a member of the Maryland Christian Athletic League